Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome to STRIKING DEALS with Jeff Mbanga

Today marks a very important day for me. It is the day I begin blogging on financial matters within Uganda, and those outside but have an effect on Uganda. It is an idea that I have thought over for a long time.
Let me welcome you to Striking Deals with Jeff Mbanga.
Part of the reason for starting this blog is to make meaning of the numerous deals happening in Uganda and abroad that never get splashed on the front pages of our newspapers here.
From this blog, you will also get to read some of the scoops about the deals being negotiated. Enjoy!

Who is Jeff Mbanga?

I am a financial journalist. I am currently the Business Editor at The Observer newspaper, a bi-weekly newspaper in Uganda that has built a reputation of breaking stories and taking on a no-holds barred approach to its editorial work.

My most important award so far is the Kikonyongo Capital Markets Journalist of the Year, 2008, where I was chosen by a team of experienced media practitioners contracted by the Capital Markets Authority, the industry regulator.

No comments:

Post a Comment